I take nativity pictures of my kids every Christmas. The problem is we always travel for Christmas and I don't think about it early enough in the month to get it done before we leave. This year I thought, "no big deal" once I realized I hadn't done it. It doesn't matter if it's Dec or Jan as long as I still take the pictures right? Well, I meant to and I meant to but we kept never getting around to it until finally it was Feb 1st and I knew I had to make it happen.
Funny story: February 1st was a Monday so doing the nativity was our FHE that night. Quinn had also made arrangements with a guy to come buy something from us off craigslist that night. The guy showed up right in the middle of dressing the kids up. Quinn invites him in to a living room full of dressed up nativity kids AND the nativity wasn't the only thing we hadn't gotten around to doing. We still had our Christmas lights up and the kids always have them on. I had taken down our Christmas decor but the stockings were still hung up because I had been sewing Avonlea's and the Twins stockings and left the others up to use as a pattern. So, it's Fed 1st and this man steps into our house. After he looks around for a minute he says something like "What are you guys doing Christmas in Feb for?" I chuckled and said, "Oh we're not this is just a busy mother to 5 not getting things done on time". He didn't seem to get it, but after he left Quinn and I had a good laugh about it. We hadn't realized how our place looked to anyone who might come by because we understood why all those things were still up.

 |
| Angels can only take so much photographing. That horse just looked too tempting. Besides how often do angels get to ride horses anyway? They are probably too busy always playing one of those "Geetars. Harps not geetars. Besides this angel don't know how to play neither one." That's a quote from a movie. My sisters will know it. |
 |
| London is trying to grab her own halo. It was too big for her so it kept falling off with every move and once she knew it was up there she couldn't rest until she got it. |
 |
| Ok ok I think we've lost them. |
 |
| I wanted Cadence and London to both be sheep, but they are too big for their Halloween costumes. So only 1 could be a sheep. It's pretty hard thinking of what to have girls be when the nativity really only requires 1 girl ... and we have 4! |
 |
| Our two angels. One was the trainer and one the trainee. You decide which is which. |
I love the pictures! I want to hold them all and kiss them all. Can't wait to see you guys- hopefully in a few months
ReplyDeleteThis is so cute! I love that you do this with your kids. It will be so fun to have all of the pictures of each year to compare. You should pick out some pictures to print and we could scrap them while you're here. Can't wait to see you!
ReplyDelete