The first is this: I didn't start measuring big until about the last 6 weeks of pregnancy, and then I only measured a little bit big. That by itself could have clued us on to the twins hiding in there, but because Avonlea was over 10lbs my midwives just thought I was having another huge baby so they didn't' think too much about it.
The second: Because we felt so strongly with Avonlea's pregnancy that we might be having twins we went and got an ultra sound in our first trimester, just to check for twins. So this pregnancy when I would really suspect twins I never went to get an ultra sound because I thought it would be the same thing as last time. I would get all excited about the possibility of twins and then find only one. So both those things with Avonlea's pregnancy helped hide these two from us. (To really understand the blessing of the twins being a surprise you would need to read this again)
With that said, here is the original story I wanted to tell:
After the twins were born my milk was taking longer than normal to come in because of my fatty-liver pregnancy and blood loss. So before we even went to the hospital our midwives suggested we try to find some donor milk for our girls, and asked is we knew anyone who could give us some. We did! A Sister in our ward, whom I know but not really well, had her baby 5 days before the twins were born. Quinn called them and told her husband our situation and asked if we could possibly get some breast
milk from them. He said his wife had already been pumping and freezing so he brought us some and even more than we asked for. My milk was still not in by the time the donated milk was gone, so even though we felt really bad asking when we thought they had their own plans for it, we asked if they could spare any more. They were more than happy to bring more. What a blessing!
Well this is the part of the story that becomes a truly tender mercy. Last week I wrote this Sister a thank you note and when I went to give it to her at church I sat down by her to also thank her in person for what she had done for our girls. After I expressed my gratitude to her she said, "Tasha the interesting thing about this is I have never pumped before with any of my babies." (She just had her 5th). She went on to say, "I didn't' need the milk but had thought maybe I should start pumping, just to have it for an emergency. I just didn't' know you were the emergency." Then she added, "And, honestly, I have not pumped since."
| First this baby... |
| Now this baby |
First of all, those outfits on the girls are adorable. Second, the squishy babies in them are beyond adorable, and third, all of your adorable kids together put me into adorable overload. ADORABLE!
ReplyDeleteStill crazy to see 5 kids. You now have 5 kids! I guess so do we but i took us 14 years and it doesn't seem so all-at-once. :)
What a neat story, too! I love to see and hear those special ways that the Lord watches out for us.
What a beautiful story to share! And what beautiful children. Can't wait to love on all of them.
ReplyDelete