Well it has been a LONG time since we have shared one of these posts. Most all of these are texts that Tasha has sent to Quinn so we can remember them. Quinn's phone has become so full that we need to clear it out :) We will put dates on when these things happened so both you and we can know when they happened.
Sept 2014
I just said to Gensie, "I love you Maid Mary". Don't worry, I got corrected. She said, "No, my name is Maid Marrian!"
Gensie is singing: "Rocky-bye Shrek and Metal Head (a ninja turtle)"
Gensie was pretending she was part of the vision of the Tree of Life when she said, "Grab on to da rug!" She meant the Iron Rod.
While watching me get dressed Gensie asked if I had a baby in my tummy. When I said 'Yes' she asked, "Then why do you take your shirt off to let the baby fall out?"
Gensie has a little stuffed.puppy that makes whining noises when you squeeze the paw. The other day when we were leaving in the car and praying before we left. Gensie reminded me to pray that her puppy would stop whining.
Oct 2014
We have a big stuffed teddy bear that we call 'Big Bear' (creative right?). Gensie wanted to put him in the tub and Mckay said, "Big Bear can't get in the tub! Because he will get his clothes all wet and he will get his naked all dirty!"
McKay woke in the night having wet the bed a little bit so we changed his pants before getting him back to bed. In the morning he was playing and noticed he was wearing different pajama pants than the ones he had gone to bed in. He said, "Mom, who do you think took my pants off me and put these ones on me?" Tasha was laughing so hard because of the puzzled look he had on his face. Apparently he didn't remember the change during the night.
(This is a funny note that we just came back across!)
Gensie asked, "Mommy do you have two babies in your tummy?" When I said 'No' she asked, "What's that?" and then pointed at my chest. I told her and she said, "No. It's not your chest, it's a baby!" Then she said, "Hey Avonlea! Your friend is in Mommy's tummy."
McKay was wearing his Batman mask when Gensie asked why the mask doesn't have ears. McKay told her, "Cause Batman can just use my ears."
One morning Gensie was leaving her room and said, "Come on Avonlea!" When Lele didn't follow Gensie stomps back into the room, grabs Lele's arm and says, "When I tell you to come, you come! Ok?" Then drags her out of the room.
Nov 2014
McKay said, "Mom, what book is this?" Tasha said, "It's the Saggy Baggy Elephant." McKay responds, "OH! The Faggy Baggy Elephant!"
Gensie said, "Da Once Upon a God store is my favorite store!" She is mixing up Once Upon a Child and I am a Child of God. :)
McKay said, "I wish that they would have used no nails on Jesus on the cross. Just tape." Gensie replied by saying, "But He didn't got taped, He got nailed"
Gensie told me she is "never never never going to be like Satan. Just be like Jesus, Superman, and Batman."
Tasha sometimes tells the kids that if they do not obey she is going to sell them. :) McKay replied one day by saying, "Well Dad will punch the people you sell us to 'cause Daddy is the strongest in this world!"
McKay praying: "Dear Heavenly Father, I really want to see Jesus. Heavenly Father, and lots of angels 'cause I have never seen them before. Please help the baby in Mommy's tummy and please help Daddy to get a better job so we can move and get a puppy. Amen."
Gensie said, "These are the jammies that make me go to bed. And I am never going to put them on again!"
Dec 2014
McKay told Tasha that when he gets as big as her he is going to learn how to sew, and then he is going to sew his Daddy a baby Jesus doll so Daddy can be just like him.
McKay asked Gensie, "Did you bring your sword and arrow and bow?" Gensie replied, "No, I didn't. But I can punch!"
Driving in the car we saw a fire truck. Gensie wanted to know if they are going to burn people. Tasha said, "No, they save people." Gensie replied, "No, dey are going to open da ground, get Satan out, and burn him."
Our dinner prayer went like so, "Dear Hena Fauder, please help my Dad to get a better job so we can move and get a puppy, a kitty, and some rabbits. Name of Jesus...oh! and a pet bird. Name of...oh! And a bunch of birds. Name of Jesus Christ Amen." Gensie pops right up and says, "Hena Fauder, please help me to get a bird wif no wings, so it won't fly away. Amen" Mckay also added, "Oh! and please help me to get a parrot."
We watched a Dr. Quinn that had a bear attack on it. McKay has asked about it many times since and now he has come up with a whole bear attack plan for the family. Then Gensie adds, "If a bear comes in our house, it wiw go to my room door and break my room door, den it wiw lie on my bed wif his shoes on and break my baby's head!"
Gensie's breakfast prayer, "Dear Hena Fauder, dank you for dis food. Dank you for dis little bowl and spoon."
Gensie on the phone, "Hello Joseph Smif. I told you I can't help you right now. Don't espect me to right now. So go into da light and stay in der and I wiw drive into der when I get big enought to drive a car."
After changing Avonlea's diaper I asked Gensie to hand me Lele's pants. After she did she said, "Now can you let me live in peace?"
Gense is standing next to Tasha as Tasha is brushing out her wet hair after getting out of the shower. Gensie
said, "Stop raining me!"
Jan 2015
McKay was yelling, "Gensie! Gensie where are you?! Gensie!" There was no answer, so then McKay said, "Oh boy. (sigh) I lost a kid."
Feb 2015
Gensie's baby doll is named Ruth. One morning Gensie woke up and says to Quinn, "Dad, McKay is coughing and coughing and he keeps waking up Ruth!" Quinn said, "That's ok. She will go back to sleep." Gensie said, "No she won't! And she keeps waking up her Mom!"
Gensie was taking a drink out of a water bottle in the car. McKay asked if he could have some. Gensie said 'No'. He reminded her that she was supposed to share. Then he said, "When will you be done?" She said, "In three days."
Gensie just got her first CTR ring at church. She asked me when we got home where her 'VCR ring' is.
Gensie says, "Ready! Up set! Go!"
Gensie is Maid Marrian and she was pretending Mom is the monster that is going to get her. When she told McKay he said, "No, that's my Mom. She's not a monster." Then he asked again, "Where is the monster?" Gensie replies, "He's at work."
McKay went hunting the other day and brought home some meat for us to eat. He brought a bear and a baby doll hand cuffed around their necks. When I told him we don't eat babies, he insisted it would be ok. That is was just some meat for us. Then I had to explain why we never ever eat babies or people. They don't prepare you for this kind of stuff before you become a mother!
March 2015
Gensie found a resurrected turtle 'dat is alive again'.
McKay said, "Shout for hurray! Because der are cookies!"
Gensie stepped on a "bumper bee" because it was mean.
April 2015
I just cleaned the living room. Gensie walks in, notices it is clean and says in a very dramatic voice, "You put da house back together!?"
On our first day out with all 5 kids we went to the store and one of the workers asked Gensie if she wanted to stay and help them. Her response, "Well...I belong with my parents."
McKay asked Gensie, "Gensie, when you grow up and get big who do you want to marry?" She answered, "You." McKay says, "Well you can't. I want to marry you. But Mom and Dad say No."
You are so good at keeping track of the cute things they say! I used to do better but forget to do it lately. It's so fun to read! I will do better. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete