Test 6

Sunday, October 13, 2013

McKay our little Mister

   McKay is just great. He has always been a sweet gentle little boy. Now he is a sweet gentle big brother. As we've mentioned many times before, he and Gensie are the best little friends. They do everything together and McKay even tolerates Gensie's "playing skills' well. What I mean is a 1 year old isn't exactly on the same playing level as a 3 year old. When he wants to set up his toys and pretend a certain way and Gensie just messes everything up because she doesn't understand, he is really quite patient with her especially when I say to him "McKay teach her how you want her to play."
   The other side of being a big brother. He LOVES LOVES LOVES babies. The other day he said "Mom, we have one baby and dat's all the babies what we have. We're gonna have 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,17,15,18,19 and 20 more babies ok mom, dat's how many babies we are gonna have at our house." I told him I wasn't so sure we would have 20 more babies.
   He gets right up in Avonlea's face to talk to her and has to hold her numerous times a day. He even picks her up and carries her places sometimes. We've asked him not to but he actually does a pretty good job. When she cries he tells her "Avonlea don't cry it will be ok, I'm right here." He even tries to nurse her sometimes. We've tried to explain only mommy feeds the baby but he still tries.
   I want to explain what McKay is like but he's old enough I think everyone knows him pretty well already. And since he is quite friendly it's not hard to get to know him. He loves to sing. He can sing many primary songs and even some hymns. It only takes once or twice of me singing them for him to start to pick up on them, then he comes and asks me what the rest of the words are.

Here are a few of the latest things he said.

McKay was crying because I had gotten him in trouble for something he had done.
McKay: "Mom I don't want to play dis game."
Me: "What game?"
McKay: "Where I get in trouble."

I asked McKay what he wanted to be when he grows up because I was curious to see what a 3yr old would say. He replied "When I get bigger I'n gonna be a Prophet yike President Monson and President Eyring AND President Uchtdorf."

When McKay gets in trouble and has to sit on his bed, after awhile he hollers "I'n ready to say SORRY." When he uses  the bathroom and needs his bum wiped he hollers "I'n all DONE." The other morning he had just woken up and was in using the bathroom. I was still a sleep and woke up to him saying "I'n ready to say sorry. I'n ready to say sorry, oh not sorry I'n all done. I'n all done."

McKay is reading "da scrit-scrers" to Avonlea

Yup you got it. He fell asleep right in the middle of dinner. It was a Sunday right after church and because our church is so late the kids don't get naps. Quinn and I were having a conversation at dinner and I notice he hadn't moved for a minute. I looked over and he was out. Quinn carried him to his bed and he didn't wake up. He was out for the night.

Leaving for The Father and Son campout. This is McKay's 3rd time going to the father and sons but his first time spending the night. He loved it. Sleeping in a tent with dad is pretty neat.

Our two look-a-likes in matching shirts.

McKay loves trying on peoples shoes when they come to our house. He often where's Quinn's shoes around the house when Quinn leaves them out and now Gensie is learning to try on everyone's shoes too.

Watching a movie together.

Loving to wrestle with Grandpa Prearce and Unkey Andon.

He has to get right in Avonlea's face when he talks to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment