Test 6

Friday, November 4, 2016

Halloween

So, I like family themed Halloween costumes. It gets really hard though when you are a family of 7. But I came up with an idea and I was able to make it work! Tell me what you think.


We won 1st prize for a family category of the costume contest :)  Captain Hook, the Croc, Peter Pan, Wendy, Tinkerbell, and 2 lost 'girls' (remember the twin racoons in the cartoon?)


Wouldn't be Lost Boys without being a little rambunctious right?

Wendy




I had to buy Tinker Bells outfit but I think I only paid 4.50 for it.

This Tink is a little rough on her wings

These two uncooperative raccoons don't hold still well for pictures.  In all the pictures like this: Cadence on the left, London on the right.




Aunt Corrine, check out those bellies.


Where's Cadence?
There she is! Look how delighted she is to surprise us .

Clearly they don't understand that peeking is not a part of peek-a-boo



I made their ears out of felt. I made two individual ears so I could clip them into their pig tails. 1 year olds DO NOT leave headbands on. We also made their tail out of a grey sock and electrical tape.

My costume cost $1. We bought that oh so unflattering hat at the dollar store. We made a clock from cardboard (hanging from my neck) and I already owned the T-shirt.



I made Wendy's nightgown. It was such a simple pattern I whipped together while I was visiting Millie's family. My mom coached me because I don't know how to follow a pattern.   Now that Halloween is over, she uses it as a nightgown.




I also made this whole outfit with my mom coaching me. We had left the pattern piece to the hat at my parents house so I couldn't make it with mom's help. When she got home she emailed me the piece and I tried making it. Quinn and I together had the hardest time understanding the pattern so I ended up just kinda doing it the way I thought it should go. It actually turned out pretty good but it was tiny. So the next night Quinn found a pattern made out of felt. I had to change the size to make it fit but it turned out so great. And the feather I brought all the way from Indiana from one of Brighten and Jemmy's chickens.  PS. I made this costume so that it could be either Peter Pan or Robin Hood for him.




Captain Hook turned out quite well I think. I found that hat at Goodwill and the shirt I also got at Goodwill. I just looked for a bigger/longer one than he normally wears. The belt came from another second hand store and the skinny jeans..... are mine. Everything including the sword and hook made his costume cost about $18.


Notice Peter is fighting this Cod fish with one hand behind his back.

Look at Mook checking out his hook.

7 comments:

  1. These are so cute! You have a fun family. What a clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING! You are so talented. And those bellies, you know me so well! I just want to squeeze them, so do it for me please :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fun to see. No doubt you would make amazing costumes. I love the creative flair. Way to go. Cute kids. Wish I could see them again right now

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love family costumes- we were Goldilocks ABC the three bears this year! Your costumes are creative and fun! Good job!!!!!!! I miss you

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this post long ago but didn't comment because I read it on my phone and sometimes can't comment from there for some reason. I just wanted to say that I love the pictures and the costumes. SO cute! Great job on the blue dress!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete