Test 6

Monday, May 25, 2015

McKay's Birthday: 5 years old

Our little boy is now 5!

May 7th was our little man's birthday, and in keeping with our tradition of special birthday cakes Tasha made a cake of his choice.  This year he chose a rhino and he loved it.

We decided to do a little party for him and asked McKay who he would like to invite.  His immediate response was, "Mason!"  So we invited him, but we couldn't get his Mom to bring him. :(  We asked him who else he would like to have come and he asked for the Woods (a family in our ward) and some of the young men in our ward who McKay loves. (A 5 year old inviting youth who are 12-16 and an entire family to his birthday party...makes you smile!) Not everyone was able to make it, but most of the Wood family was able to come and McKay was thrilled. Just to clarify they're not actually made out of wood. :)

Here is a list of some of his favorite things right now:
Color: Blue and Red
Food: Lasagna
Person: Mason Ballard and Colby Smith
Toy: Sword and Bow & arrow
Movie: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Book: Which ever one is new :)
Store: Kitchen set store (A consignment store called Denim and Frills)
Song: The Ballad of Davy Crockett (which he sings over and over and over and over...and over)




Didn't turn out as cute as I'd liked. Hope you can tell it's a rhino.


 From Mom and Dad he got a toy bow with arrows, a sword, and  a bigger bike. The Woods gave him a big long range squirt gun. I think he's set with weapons.


Left: Josh, McKay, Zach, Gensie, Megan, (our baby sitter) and Avonlea.

We had this bike hiding in the back of the van so McKay wouldn't find it. Well, one day we were loading kids in the van and McKay looked over the seat and saw it. He told me there was a bike in the back of the van and wanted to know who it was for. I told him we knew a kid that needed a new bike so we bought him one. He said "Oh I thought it was for me." When we brought it out on his birthday he was so surprised then said "Mom I thought you said this was for a kid that needed a new bike." Tricky Mom


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, McKay! Tasha- I love that you let them pick what cake they want. So clever. I sure wish we could have made it to his party. Mason would have loved to have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKay is such a cute kid! Happy birthday buddy!
    Great job on the cake, Tasha (or Quinn but probably Tasha Haha). I love that you guys do fun cakes for your kids too. We have had so much fun with that and it's what the kids mainly remember about their birthdays. Just did a dinosaur cake (or "rawr" cake as Weston would say) for Weston's birthday. He is still talking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute cake! He's such a fun kid. I found myself humming The Ballad of Davy Crockett the other day and realized I missed hearing him song it over and over haha!

    ReplyDelete