Test 6

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Late Night Thoughts of an Expectant Mommy

It's 1:10am and I just finished making a doll dress for a doll Gensie will be getting for Christmas. I got up to go to bed and woke Quinn since he is asleep on the couch and saw that the dishes weren't done and I didn't want to have to scrub the crusties off them in the morning, so I did the dishes. With the house so quiet and calm while I just sewed I had this thought in my mind and I wanted to share it. I AM SO EXCITED for this BABY! It seems I get more excited with each pregnancy to meet my baby. Kinda like the more kids I have the more I know what to look forward to. Meeting these sweet sweet little spirits, going through so much to get them here, then after a few months feeling like I really know them. I think it's just so wonderful.

Sometimes I worry that people at church or people who see me in a store with 3 little kids and expecting another will just think "Holy cow she doesn't know when to stop." Sometimes I wish I could hear their thoughts and answer with my own reply. This isn't about quantity, or that I don't know how to use birth control. This is about being a Mommy and doing the thing that fulfills me most in life second to being a wife. It just so happens I like my kids closer in age than most people do. The Lord very much puts a desire in me when it's time to have the next one and I know without a doubt when it's time. Minutes after Avonlea was born I had gotten out of the birth tub and was sitting in my recliner holding her, soaking her in, and I very much remember thinking "I wonder what the next one is like." And feeling very excited to meet the next one moments after giving birth to Avonlea.

I am so blessed to have great pregnancies. This one started out a lot rougher than my other 3. I haven't had morning sickness before but I did get it this time, only it was in the evenings. I defiantly didn't feel as sick as most women do but for me it was far worse than what I was used to and I was very glad to see that first trimester go. I feel great now. I've been feeling the baby move for about 2 weeks. During the first trimester I craved sour fruit like un-ripe apricots (I love them) and spicy food. Seriously I wanted my mouth to burn a little. I was also very repulsed by sugar; anything sweet. My cravings have gone and I am no longer repulsed by sweets but don't crave them at all, it's so nice. We were really hoping with me feeling sick that we were having twins because feeling extra sick can be a sign that there is more than one baby. I haven't had a ultra sound but so far we've only heard one heart beat and I'm measuring exactly where I should be so it's looking like no twins, bummer. Twins run in my family so we'll keep keeping out fingers crossed.

We are having a really hard time coming up with boy names we love. We have girl names all set but we need a couple boy names just in case. Any ideas? Please help. We like more unique or non-run-of-the-mill names.

McKay has most of our future family all planned out. He says this baby is a boy and that we are going to name him Tuhni (pronounced tuh-nigh). He already calls him that. He says the next baby after this one will also be a boy and his name is Banoccio. After that we'll have a girl and name her Corn on the Cob. He says "cause dat's a girls name." After corn on the cob we will have 2 more boys Snowman and Ginger bread man. It looks like we will have at least 5 more kids!

I talked to Nicole after Waylon was born and I just think new babies are so exciting. Having a baby is such an accomplishment. I think there is nothing better than rocking and nursing a brand new baby who still has a sprinkling of heavenly dust.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post. It's so nice to hear your thoughts. I think it's great that you are so excited about this next baby. Sometimes I feel like I don't want to let myself feel too excited about the possibility of another baby because I'm so nervous about being pregnant again. But I agree. New babies are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with it all, especially now that I am just soaking little Waylon Timber in! Sometimes I can't hardly get enough of him. I just need more! Squeeze him a little more, kiss his cheeks and hands and feet a little more, just stare at him a little more.....new babies are one of the VERY best things in the world!

    ReplyDelete