Test 6
Monday, September 1, 2014
6 Year Anniversary
Yesterday Saturday August 30th was our 6 year anniversary! Wow I know, time flies. Quinn came to me earlier in the week and asked if I would like to go to dinner to our favorite place and then go shopping for some jewelery for our anniversary. He knows I like him to buy me something special every now and then. I said I would love that. We both agreed we would rather go out on Friday. As he tried to get a baby sitter he couldn't find anyone available. Plus Andon is visiting us right now and I usually send him to my friends house when we go out just to make the baby sitter feel more comfortable. Our sitter is only 13. We couldn't find anyone. We both knew if we didn't make it happen this weekend it wouldn't happen. Finally Quinn said to me "What if I can be home from work on Friday at 10am and we went on a day time date?" I said I thought that should work. I had already told a friend I would watch her 3 kids Friday morning because I didn't think I would be going anywhere but she said she would pick them up about 10 so I thought that should still work. Friday morning while watching my 3 kids plus 3 extra kids it was really hard to get ready for a date. Quinn showed up at 10am and helped out while I got ready. Wendy, the mom, was still not here at 10:20. Finally she texted and said she wouldn't be done till about 11 and wanted to know if that would mess up our plans too much. We told her it would be fine. We felt pressured to go because our babysitter had to be home for something by 4pm so our date was getting shorter and shorter and it hadn't even started. Finally at 11:30 Wendy showed up to get her kids and I had already picked up our sitter. I had arranged for Wendy to take Andon so she did and that worked out great. Right when we were ready to leave it was nap time for all 3 kids so they were having a really hard time seeing us leave. I hurried and put both girls down so we got away about noon. Megan, our sitter, told us she didn't need to be home till 4:30. We went shopping for an hour then I told Quinn I was starving and I wanted to go eat before shopping some more. When you are watching 6 kids plus Andon it's hard to get a good breakfast eaten. We went to our favorite place; Black Angus. They were closed. Yup, they don't open till 3pm. Quinn suggested going somewhere else but I really wanted to eat there. We only eat there for our anniversary and last year one of us may have forgotten our anniversary so it's been a while. We kept shopping and I got so hungry. I got worn out and to the point shopping for jewelery for me wasn't even fun anymore because I was so hungry. Finally 3 oclock came and we headed in. I even thought "We are going to have great service because there is hardly anyone here". We were seated and immediately Quinn went to the car to get me a blanket. It was so cold. I thought I would get cold once I started eating but no, I was cold the second we walked in. It's been hot here and Quinn and I joked that I'm just not used to AC; my body couldn't handle it. The first time our waitress came to our table after she left Quinn said "Wow she smells like alcohol." After that we ate and had a great time together but waited on our waitress many many times for things like filling our water, bringing us more bread, taking our order, dessert, getting our check. We ate so much bread, appetizer, salad, and drank so much water by the time our food came I was completely full. I just sat wrapped in a blanket watching Quinn eat his food. I was so hungry and worn out when that food hit my stomach I was instantly tired. I seriously could hardly stay awake. Our sitter texted and said her thing got canceled and we no longer needed to hurry back. That was nice. We finished dinner and Quinn being the nice guy he is still wanted to tip the waitress. I'm not cheap and I'm not mean, I reminded him that we weren't one bit pleased with her service, they were very slow and the reason you tip is a thank you for the good job they did. He agreed and we left without leaving a tip. We went to one more store then got home about 5:30. I took Megan home and took McKay and Gensie with me. Quinn walked around the corner with Avonlea to Wendy's house to get Andon. I got back first and went straight in to lay on my bed. I was still so tiredI just needed to close my eyes for a few minutes. I was dead to the world till 6:30 when Quinn finally woke me up. We had a crazy anniversary date but we still very much enjoyed being with each other. I am so happy I married this man. We have now known each other for 9 years. Taylor just mentioned that Becka is getting baptized. I can remember before Becka was born, that's how long I've been around. I am so grateful Quinn and I have 3 wonderful children together and I'm so glad I am part of his great family. Some of my very best friends are my sisters-in-law. The Lord really answered my prayers with helping me to marry the man of my dreams. I love this guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What an adventure! Way to hang in there despite things not working out like you had planned. I'm glad you married Quinn, too. Happy Anniversary! Love ya.
ReplyDeleteBest decision Quinn ever made! Anniversaries are a funny thing as the years fly by. They still mean a lot to each other, maybe even more with each one, but you seem to do less because you have kids and other responsibilities that seem to take so much time and effort that, to be honest, it's almost nice to do less (at least for us). :) Way to put forth the effort though and do something memorable.
ReplyDeleteAwww. that's so sweet, you guys make a great couple, and you have such a wonderful little family. I'm glad things ended up working out. (PS I think you should let someone in management know how your waitress did, I think they'd appreciate the feedback)
ReplyDelete