Test 6

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The First, The Middle, and The Last thing to do

   I love that many of you bloggers share your personal thoughts so often. I rarely, if ever, do that on my blog. I worry no one will want to hear what I have to say. So this is really for me. I have these thoughts in my head and I feel the need to share them. Prayer; aren't we so grateful for it? Do you ever think to thank Heavely Father for prayer? What would we do without it? It's sad to think that none of us use it enough. I LOVE PRAYER! I have grown up in a home with both my parents being great examples of how to use prayer. Especially my mom. She has taught me that prayer isn't supposed to be saved for the big things in life. Life isn't about the big things. It's about all the little things along the way. We should really tell our Heavenly Father ALL of our little thoughts, little worries, little concerns, little joys, etc. Have you ever thanked him for something like mascara? Aren't we so glad we have it? During times when loved ones are going through struggles it's easy for us to say "I wish I knew what I could do to help them." Or "I wish I knew what to say." It's times like this that prayer shouldn't be a last resort. I hope we don't think, "I don't know what else to do so I guess I can pray for them." It's times like this that the first thing we should say to Heavenly Father is "Thank you for prayer. Thank you for the knowledge of knowing prayer works." Then we should say many many prayers asking Heavenly Father to help whoever is in need. I know that my prayers won't stop the trial. But they can really help and strengthen the one going through it. The spirit will be there to comfort them. And just the knowledge of knowing someone loves you and is so concerned for you and is really taking the time to pray for you could be a huge strength to them. A quote I love by President Henry B. Eyring says: "The first, the middle, and last thing to do is pray." We should all learn to really really apply that.


The First, The Middle, and The Last
 

2 comments: