Test 6

Friday, August 22, 2014

More Cousin Fun

The fun continued even after we returned from the beach. Steph stayed with us through Sunday. Shannon stayed with us for another week. It was nice having family in town. We miss them so much and wish we could get some people to live by us already.


These cousins just played and played.



We went to a little splash area where the kids enjoyed cooling off.

Look how cute. Quinn is so great. A couple times over the weekend he watched all 3 of our kids, Shannon's 2, and Stephanie's 4 while Steph, Shannon, and I did some great second hand shopping. We had a great time and really enjoyed the break. What a man that can hold down the fort single handedly.

More blueberry picking with Shannon.

The kids had a great time together.



Yea, I love the green ones. We all have a weird secret. I eat green blueberries and Jess keeps her banana's in the fridge.



When people see Avonlea after we pick berries they say "Oh poor baby." I reply "Poor baby? She just had the time of her life." What kid doesn't  like getting this dirty especially with mom's permission.



She even knows how to pick her own berries.


This was a special story we wanted to share. McKay brought Diego with him to the blueberry patch. He played and played with him but when it was time to leave he couldn't find him. He ran all over looking and couldn't find him. Quinn was helping him look and they still couldn't find him. I was still picking a few berries as McKay was running all over.  Next thing I know I hear a little muttering behind me. As I turn to look I see McKay about 10 ft behind me down on both knees, arms folded, and eye closed so tight his whole face was scrunched up. Then I hear "Hena Fader, please please help me find diego. Please Hena Fader I just really need him. Amen" Talk about makin a Mama proud. I'm sure many of you have had those moments when what you teach and teach you then see your child apply on their own. It is a very pleasing and rewarding moment. I turned to Quinn who was just down the row from me and whispered "Quinn look"  he turned saw McKay praying and just as Quinn turned back the direction he was walking he saw Diego laying on the ground a few yards in front of him just as McKay got up from saying his prayer. Quinn then suggested that Mckay go on further down that row to look for Diego and sure enough his little prayer of faith was answered. Don't you just LOVE prayer?

 
 The Zoo
We went to the zoo with Shannon and the kids on Aug 6th, Quinn and Shannon's birthday.  We packed a lunch and spent 4-5 hours there.  Needless to say, the kids loved it and the adults were ready to go home at the end of it.








This is a fun picture. Look at McKay's reflection.


As we watched this ape he climbed all around and gave us a good show. As he climbed higher and higher Gensie yelled louder and louder "Get down King Louie, King Louie, get down now!"









Happy Birthday Quinn and Shannon.  They turned 31 and I had a great time reminding them that I am still in my twenties. Shannon didn't really appreciated the teasing. But then again people get cranky in their old age.


Talk about melting a Mama's heart. He is such a sweet big brother.



These two became great friends. They haven't spent a lot of time together before but they really played well  with each other.

Taking care of Blackberry. It takes a lot of hands apparently.

Saying good bye and giving final hugs. Drive safe cousins.




No comments:

Post a Comment