| Blueberries in an ice cream cone. She loves her berries! |
Wow I can't believe her birthday is really here. Our little Lele Joy turned one year old today. Yup our little 7/11 baby. We call her our slurpy baby. Sometimes as the mother I feel bad telling about my kids because all I want to do is say how wonderful they are and it makes it sound like they never do anything wrong. Really with this child it is hard to think of something that I wish she didn't do. She's really loud! Other than that she is so sweet, so energetic, and so so so full of life. I LOVE being her favorite person. When I walk into the room whether she needs me or not her reaction to me is priceless. When she sees me and decides it's past her meal time she does the most fake cry as she crawls towards me. She gets so distracted when she nurses like she just can't stand turning her back to the world for even a few minutes. She might miss something very important. She loves to eat and has the cutest little chew. She follows Mook and Gens around everywhere and just loves playing with them. They are both so sweet to her. She loves dancing to music and takes a 3+hour nap everyday. She sleeps 12 hours at night never waking in the night and once she's eaten she's ready to go. And she goes and goes. She is my chunkiest baby and now that it's summer there is so much more kissable skin available. I love kissing her. She still doesn't have much hair but she has a smile so big it could split her face. I always tell Quinn Heavenly Father knows my exact taste in babies. That is how I feel about Avonlea. We love this little girl so very much and are so grateful she was sent to our home. People have told me she fits her name (Joy) well. I have thought the same thing many times. She seems to have so much JOY in life and she has brought so much JOY to us. In her journal I have written, that is the reason I chose Joy. I LOVE being her Mommy and have thanked Heavenly Father many times for that opportunity, and for the blessing of Avonlea Joy.
We originally planned on posting 12 pictures, one for each month. Well, after choosing 116 we were able to filter that down to 33. So here is a year of Avonlea Joy!
| She weighed in at a respectable 10 lbs 2 oz. Check out those cheeks! |
| From left to right: McKay's baby, Mom's baby, Gensie's baby |
| Binky Buddies |
| Her 1st Halloween. She was Curious George's banana |
| McKay loves his littlest sister, and she loves him |
| Maybe eventually she will have enough hair for pig tails. Slowly but surely. |
| After she fell out of the van when being changed |
| This was Uncle Logan's after Thanksgiving dinner project |
| 1st Christmas |
| 1st part in the Nativity. She had to sit in the livestock section |
| Everyone needs a ride! Riding trikes with cousins in January |
| Sometimes she has her own idea's about how to wear a headband |
| Check out those CRL's |
| Just going for a walk |
| So cute! |
| If you got it, flaunt it! |
| Who me? |
| Trying her brother's cowboy hat on for size |
| Bath time is always a happy time |
| The perfect well-rounded meal |
| McKay and Genesis were both dirt or rock eaters, so Lele wasn't about to be left out |
| Tasha made this dress and a matching one for Gensie. She did a fantastic job |
| We peeked on her before we went to bed and found her with the ultimate wedgie. Told you she sleeps through the night :) |
| From the pool to the garden |
Oh my goodness, she is so darling! Such great pictures! I love all of her cute outfits! Happy Birthday, Lele.
ReplyDeleteHas it been a year already?! Happy Birthday, Lele! I adore all these pictures of her!! (Side note: I want that yellow bike Quinn is riding!!)
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Avonlea!! Those pictures, they are the best!! That wedgie, too funny!
ReplyDeleteLove the pictures. You guys are so funny with your comments.
ReplyDelete