Gensie counts 1,2,3,6,0, I con ready or not.
My youngest brother Andon was staying with us for about 6 weeks. He has Downs Syndrome so even though he is 17 in most ways he is a 2 year old. The kids love him and love playing with him. He likes to go out in the back yard and talk to himself on occasion.
McKay comes running to me and says "Mom where are my shoes?"
Me: "Why where are you going?"
McKay: "Wif Andon outside to talk to ourselves."
A couple things in our house needed to be fixed so our Landlord sent over a repair man. Gensie is standing on our hearth when he knocks on the door. Quinn answers the door and invites the guy in. I was in the kitchen and I hear Gensie squeel "Mommy yook (look) it's Joseph Smif." I step around the corner to look and the man is tall, thin, and has a 6-8 inch beard. I had to step back into the kitchen to hide my laughter. I know Joseph Smith doesn't have a beard but she associates beards with prophets so he was the first one that came to her mind.
After Mothers Day I told McKay that in a few weeks it was going to be Fathers Day. A while later he asks me "Next Sunday is it going to be Papa's Day?"
McKay wrote a song and sang it for me the other day. He wouldn't let me record it but these are the lyrics.
We love Jesus. we love Jesus
I wish Grandma Judy didn't die
We love Hena Fauder
Da yard is so clean
De end
Quinn had a hole in his sock and Gensie saw it. She says "Daddy, who broke your sock?" Quinn says "I guess I did." Gens says "Uh-oh dat's not a good choice to do to your sock."
McKay says to me " Mommy I sunked my honey into my oatmeal and I can still feel it." What he really meant was he stirred his honey into his oatmeal and he can still taste it.
Gensie says to me "Mommy yook and the hand."
I asked "Your hand?"
She replies "No, my hand."
McKay wanted to watch the "Big Toe" movie. He meant Beethoven. He now calls it "Big toven".
We set a day to take McKay on a date with Mom and Dad, so a day or so before he and Dad were driving in the car. Dad asked him what he wanted to do on the date and this is what he said:
"Maybe just go the the restaurant and eat food...or go to the park...or Family Home Evening...maybe go to the store...climb a tree...play pirate ship...or maybe climb a ladder."
The kids room is hardwood floors and in the closet there is a corner of one of the floor boards that is broken off. The other day McKay saw it and said, "Oh Dad! There is a hole in the floor! Satan is under the ground and he will get out!"
Our kids love primary songs. The other day I heard Genesis singing this to the tune of Follow The Prophet:
"Take off my jama's in the Latter-days. Follow my jama's, follow my jama's, follow my jama's; Jama's knows the way!"
These are definitely my favorite posts. I won't ever get sick of them, please keep posting!
ReplyDeleteThese make me giggle! I can picture and hear their little voices saying all of these things.
ReplyDeleteHaha! The pirate ship one made me laugh. Especially when it didn't say ship. Hahaha!
ReplyDelete