Test 6

Friday, May 16, 2014

I Made Both of These

    I will admit I made both of these. The little girl and her dress and I am very proud of my work. Here I am in my twenties and I'm still playing dress up with dolls. These dolls are much cuter, more expensive, and they even talk back.
   My mom came to visit for about 2 weeks. She sews very well and I've always wanted her to teach me how to follow a pattern but have never gotten around to it. I have bought fabric and patterns on more than one occasion and still something always got in our way. Probably 'free witto' kids. This time I was determined. She arrived on Saturday and Monday we started sewing. We would read the instructions together then she would explain what they meant and I would do the work. The dress was actually sleeveless but for church I wanted it to have sleeves so we took a sleeve pattern from another pattern and added them. It couldn't have turned out cuter. The size, color,style, print I LOVE it all. I think Gensie got tired of me staring at her all day on Sunday and telling her to turn so I could see her 'buful' dress. I asked her about a hundred times who made her dress. I have already picked out another pattern and fabric and am now making my dollies matching dresses. Thanks to my wonderful mother for helping me. It really wouldn't have happened without her.















3 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE! Love the fabric. Love the pattern. Love the results. Way to go, Tasha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Tash that is great! I am very impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy cuteness! I have noticed in recent pics that Gensie has outgrown the piggie tails. She is looking so grown up!

    ReplyDelete