Wow it's been a while since our last post huh? Christmas and our great trip to Idaho got in the way of blogging, then I get out of the habit and overwhelmed because I feel like I have so many things to blog about I don't know where to start. Today is a good day to start.
Yesterday McKay and Genesis were playing and playing. They were pretending our big couch was the van. McKay was the dad (Quinn) and Gensie was the mom (Tasha). Then our smaller couch was Dads work car. They had three dolls. One boy named McKay and two girls Gensie and Avonlea. McKay would help Gensie load the kids in the car so she could go to the store, then he would come over to me because I was sitting on the smaller couch and he would say "Can you get off my car so I can go to work?" Sorry how rude of me to sit on a guys car. Then they pretended that they were going on a date so they brought all three babies to me so I could baby sit. I was Grandma. When Quinn (the real Quinn) got home I told him we need to get a big box so I can make the kids a car. Well it just so happened that something we bought yesterday came in a great big box. Today while all three kids were napping I made this for them.
 |
| McKay said they needed a back seat where they could put their "Things and stuff and Avonlea." We didn't have another box so the laundry basket is the back seat. They buckled Avonlea in WITH Buzz and Woody. |
 |
| When McKay saw the grill on the front he asked me what it was. I told him it was a grill. He asked me what it's for, like most moms I had no clue. I've found if I tell him too often that I don't know something after awhile when I answer a question he will say "I'll just ask dad when he gets home." I didn't know what else to say so I told him it was for catching bugs. He then got in the car, drove it for a minute then said, "Lets see if we caught any bugs" as he went to the front of the car he said, "Yup, we caught bugs." He also said "Look it has eyelashes too." He was referring to the headlights. |
 |
| They love the doors. They can't drive anywhere until both doors are shut all the way. Gensie really wants to drive but McKay doesn't want to give it up. He keeps telling her "Gens, girls don't drive." I keep reminding him that sometimes Mom drives while Dad sits in the back with the kids. He has let her have a few little turns. |
 |
| The steering wheel really turns. there's a nail through it with hot glue on the end of the nail to keep it from poking them and from slipping back through. There is also a hole for the keys. |
 |
| Their seat belt is made from bailing string. They just grab one on each side and wrap it around there waists. |
I'm am dying from laughing! I read this and laughed and laughed, and had to read it to Tony and we both had a good laugh. This is so cute! They really do catch so many of the details
ReplyDeleteOh and I must say, your car making skills are very good :-)
ReplyDelete