Test 6

Tuesday, November 5, 2013

More notes from my kitchen cupboard

Here are some more of our fun kid stories for your enjoyment.


This is pretty funny. The other day Gensie was saying something to Avonlea that sounded like 'black' but I don't know what she was really saying. McKay heard her and said "Gensie she's not black, she's banilla." Also we have some cousins that are half black. One of the boys names is Bronson. McKay also has a friend in nursery named Bronson. He was telling us about Bronson the other day and to clairify which one he meant he said "Mommy, I don't mean da black and brown Bronson, I mean da one what's Banilla."
   After all this happened I wanted to see what he would say about uncle Ron because he is full black. I asked him "Is Uncle Ron black or white?" He says "Uncle Ron's not black and white he's black and brown."


Sunday morning I was getting ready for church. Gensie was sitting in the hallway lifting up her shirt trying to nurse her doll. After a number of attempts she brought her doll to me and said "Mom, baby eat" and held out her doll for me to feed her. When I told her "no thanks" she took her baby to Dad.


McKay was wearing a shirt that was getting too small for him. I told him it didn't fit him any more because he's getting too big. He replied "I'm getting so bigger I almost gonna be a Missionary and a Prophet and a Confrent." He meant confrence because he knows that has something to do with the Prophet.


When Gensie gets in trouble it is usually for hitting and we take her to her bed for a little sorry time. The other day I had to get her in trouble and took her to her bed for I can't even remember what for I just know it wasn't for hitting. A few minutes later I hear her holler "Sorry hit, sorry hit." I couldn't get to her for a minute so while she waited she contiued to holler "Knock knock sorry hit." When I wouldn't answer she would say "Knock knock" like she was trying to get my attention then would holler "Sorry hit."


We had an old ensign with President Monson on the front.  We didn't need it any more. I handed it to McKay and told him to go put it in the trash. He grabs it, hugs it up against him and says "Oh mom, we love our Prophet."
   After that he sat down next to Lele and said "Avonlea I'n gonna read you a book about President Monson on da front."


When Gensie drops her sippy cup she will pick it up put it over her shoulder and pat and shush it like a baby and say "Sippy sad drink sad shhhhhh."


Every Friday when Quinn gets home from work he says to McKay "Guess what, I dont' work tomorrow." McKay is always so excited. One night when Quinn was putting McKay to bed he hears as he leaves the bedroom, "Dad, don't forget to not work tomorrow don't forget."



Mckay says to me "Mom I'll be right back. I have to give dad a big question."


Gensie found our Sunday school manual with a picture of Lorenzo Snow on the front of it. She sits down to look at it and points to the picture and says "Jesus".  McKay sees her do that and says in a very correcting voice " Gens dat's not Jesus. Dat's Darenzo No."


McKay brought his pajamas into the living room to put them on. He threw them on the ground right by Avonlea and her hand snagged them so she brought them to her mouth and started chewing on them. McKay sees her and says "Oh Avonlea no eating my pajamas. You eat da food what's on Mommy."


Mckay sometimes thinks he can be Gensie's parent. I was in the bathroom putting my makeup on when McKay comes in. He tells me he took a toy away from Gensie. I asked him why and he says "Her can't have it, her didn't obey me, her was being a mean girl."




4 comments:

  1. These are just the best.
    I love that the kids seem to respond to each other like you respond to them. What a great thing that you are such a good responder

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha Banilla! That is so cute. What does he say Brindee and Gensie are when he is looking at them together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. They pick up so much! These are so cute, I love hearing all the new ones :-)

    ReplyDelete