A few weeks ago I was shopping for kids clothes. I was at a second hand childrens clothing store and found some Superman pajamas WITH a cape. For some dumb reason I was hesitant to get them. Probably because McKay doesn't even know who Superman is. So I called Quinn and said "Hey what do you think about these since McKay needed some more pj's?" He said for me to get them. I brought them home and before I could get them washed McKay was wearing them and LOVES them. He spreads out his arms and runs up and down the hall and all around the house "flying." When he's wearing them he is no longer McKay nor are we allowed to call him McKay. He is Superman! If I make the mistake of saying "Hey McKay" which I do often he says "I'm not McKay, I'm Superman." I don't know how he does it but he remembers EVERY time to correct me. On the other hand once he has gotten dressed and I have finally started remembering to call him Superman if I call him SM then he says " I'm not Superman anymore, I'm McKay." As the mom I made the mistake of thinking I would name my child then would only have to remember the name I chose for him, WRONG. Don't worry, it doesn't end there. We now have to call Gensie Super Girl, Dad is Batman, Avonlea is Bat Girl, and Mom is Wonder Woman. A basic conversation that you would all take for granted, at our house now goes like this.....
Mom: "McKay, will you go get me a diaper for Lele?"
Mckay: "I'm not McKay, I'm Superman and do you mean a diaper for Bat Girl?
Mom: "Yes, sorry I mean Bat Girl. McKay will you go stop Gensie from doing that?"
McKay: I'm not McKay, I'm Superman. Yes, I will stop Super Girl."
McKay: "Wonder Woman, can we call Batman at work and see what time he's getting home?"
Mom: "Gensie, come to mom."
McKay: "She's not Gensie, She's Super Girl and you are Wonder Woman."
Mckay: "Wonder Woman, will you put Bat Girl right here on the floor so she can play with me?"
Mom: "McKay why is Avonlea crying?"
McKay: Avonlea is not crying. Bat Girl is crying. I'm not McKay, I'm Superman."
He is always very nice when he corrects me but he still corrects me every time. I want to play along with him so bad but as soon as I start remembering to call him SM he gets dressed and is no longer SM. Quinn says "Batman and Wonder Woman have some pretty powerful genetics considering we have produced Superman, Super Girl and Bat Girl!"
"We're going to fly to the bathroom so Superman can brush his teeth. GO!" HAHA I adore his little voice and how fun to be superman. Quinn has probably told you but Ryan had superman pjs and stories from childhood too. ("Let go of me mom! I can fly!") So funny!
ReplyDeleteHa ha ha oh goodness, I love this!
ReplyDeleteSo cute. How do you get your videos to upload? I can never get blogger to upload mine?
ReplyDeletehahaha that's the best ever! How cute that his family are his hero's :-) what a great gift to have an imagination like that :-)
ReplyDelete