Tonight is date night. We didn't have a baby sitter so we went out to eat and took with us all THREE of our kids. We have taken just Mook and Gens with us before or just Lele but not all three. It actually went just great. We went to Home Town Buffet. While we were at the counter paying when we first arrived the lady told Mook that he is a very hansom boy. On our way to be seated some people that were sitting close to the front had been watching us and when we passed them they said "If you look up the word cute in the dictionary you'll find her picture" and they pointed at Gensie. We were flattered and thanked them. Just after we had been seated, Quinn went to get the kids some food. I was sitting at the table with Lele in her car seat. A woman walked passed looking at Lele said to me "You have a BEAUTIFUL baby." So the night started off well with all three of our kids receiving such nice compliments. Dinner was great, kids minded their manners and a older couple sitting in the table next to us kept watching us. I think they were noticing us because Gensie kept singing during dinner. After a while the woman started chatting with us. We ended up talking to her a lot. She had many questions for us and we had a good time visiting with her. She was kinda weird. Ya know the kind of woman that has a lot of kids, gave birth at home, and home schooled her kids. You know the type, right? (wink wink). She told McKay that he is a BEAUTIFUL boy. He kinda furrowed his eyebrows at her and nicely said "No sir, I'm handsome." He knows girls are beautiful. Then our waitress came to clear off some dishes from our table and said "You guys are so clean; this table is hardly messy." Right before we left Quinn took Mook to the bathroom. Gensie was sitting in her high chair and I was nursing Lele. The waitress came to clear our table the rest of the way and said to me "Your kids are so well behaved. I mean it. They are really impressive." Then she told me I looked so calm and peaceful. I thanked her and a minute later a man walked by that I could see was eying Gensie. I knew he was going to say something about her pig tails because people always do. As he walked passed he said "That one came with handles." I cracked up. That was not what I was expecting him so say. I haven't heard that one before. Quinn and I didn't get any conversation in but it was very nice to have an evening out of the house and so nice that we are blessed with such great kids that we can take with us when we don't get a baby sitter.
Now I hope that no one takes this as bragging. That's really not the goal here. Don't get me wrong, I am SO pleased that I have the children I do; we have been blessed with great kids. I simply wanted to share a fun night that we had, and it helps me realize how grateful I should be.
We love our kids!!
So great! I really want to come visit you guys. Maybe we will stop by on our way back from Italy, and stay for a week :)
ReplyDeleteYou guys are such a cute family! It says a lot about you as parents to have such well behaved kids. I've seen it firsthand and think you're very blessed. And obe if the best parts about it is that you know it too! I think too many parents take their kids for granted. Love you guys!
ReplyDelete