Test 6

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Avonlea Pictures

We have not done very well about sharing our newest little angel with all of you.  So this post is a tribute to her, especially since we have so many about the other kids.

As we were deciding what we would name her after she was born, I asked the same question I have asked with all 3 of our kids now:  'What will their nickname be?'.   Well, as is always the case, Tasha is right in telling me it is something I don't need to worry about.  Because all of the nicknames simply happen.  Avonlea is our little "Lele" (or Eeyee for Gensie), even though we thought about Alee or Avey.  Lele just happened and it stuck.


We must have picked a name she likes, because she is such a happy baby!  She grins so big and so easily, especially after waking up from a nap.  She will be letting us know she is awake (making the cutest little sounds) when we look down at her and she just lights up.  And she sleeps so well too!  Of course, she does have her times, but for the most part she sleeps great.  She sleeps through the night, going to bed around 10 or so and waking up to eat at about 5 or 6 usually, and then goes down for a few more hours.  I don't know why we have been so blessed with happy babies that sleep well, but lets hope it continues!

She has been the focus of the family since she was born, that's for sure.  McKay and Genesis love her and talk to her all the time.  McKay even thinks she needs picked up and held without us around sometimes, but no drops yet.  Although, the other night Mckay took her out of her bouncy chair, wrapped her in one of his blankets, and proceeded to hold her as he tried to walk down the steps into the garage.  It was a close call but Mom got there in time!

Everybody who see's her comments that she looks so much like McKay, and we agree, though we see Gensie in her as well.  She does seem to have McKay's mild temperament. 

"What is a baby anyway?"


Well loved

Left to Right: McKay's baby Jesus , Mommy's baby Lele, and Gensie's baby Ruth.  They did this all on their own.  I walked past the swing and saw that we had triplets.

These pictures are for Grandma's.  Don't you wish you could be kissing these?




I asked Quinn to babysit.  This is what he did; bonding over football Saturday evening

 This is what you do if you want Lele to go to sleep.

I love her look of concern

We just took her blessing pictures because we wanted to wait until her acne cleared up.  And then we continued to forget until now.  Better late than never

I think we could afford a down payment on a home if we weren't buying so many binkies!  But with a picture like this it just may be worth it.

2 comments:

  1. I love hearing more about Baby Avonlea! She is adorable. And she does look a lot like Mckay! So cute. We would love to Skype again soon if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love them all! Lele is most definitely like Mckay in the nose, mouth, and cheeks. I'm not quite sure about the eyes, though. Post more pictures and I'll figure it out! :)

    ReplyDelete