Test 6
Wednesday, August 7, 2013
3 against 1
I called Quinn this morning because I had to tell him about the first couple of hours on my own with our 3 kids. Things started earlier than I would have liked, but all was going quite well. I sat down to nurse Avonlea and noticed Gensie had something in her mouth. It was a little hair clip I use to hold back her bangs. I didn't want her to swallow it, so after I couldn't get her to come to me I told McKay to go see what Gensie had in her mouth and take it away. He marched right over, held out his hand and said "Gens give it to me". That usually works, but she must have known I couldn't go after her because she wouldn't give it up. McKay then, on his own accord, tackled her to the floor and proceeded to pry open her mouth to get it out. McKay wouldn't listen to me when I told him to stop and Gensie would bite him every time he would stick his finger in her mouth. I think that would make him even more determined and he would keep trying and trying. After one big brawl on the floor and me laughing the whole time, McKay gave up. He couldn't get it away from her. She then made the mistake of coming too close to Mom. I grabbed her and got the clip out of her mouth. Minutes later McKay was playing with a toy. I asked him to do something for me so he left the toy to obey. That was Gensie's chance. She took the toy over and of course McKay wanted it back. She was standing up on the fire place and when he grabbed her trying to pull her away from his toy, he pulled her over backwards off the hearth. Because he didn't stop when I told him to I jumped up while still nursing the baby and with baby in one hand and McKay in the other, I took him to his room to sit on his bed. Walking back down the hall with the baby in my arms I didn't see Gensie in front of me. I walked right into her knocking her over, then I stepped on her foot. I was right next to my chair so I sat down and had Gensie come to me so I could apologize and hug her. While I was hugging her she was at an angle to see right up Avonlea's nose and she happened to have a little booger in each nostril. Genesis then told me "Nose!" and pointed to it. Apparently that got her thinking about her own nose so she stuck her finger up her own nose. When I told her to quit she trotted off down the hall to check on Mckay. Half way down the hall she turned around and came back to hand me something. She often picks up the tiniest little anything she finds on the floor and brings in to Quinn or me telling us "Ew!". So when she came back I held out my hand. What did she hand me? A booger. I know my morning could have been much worse, but Quinn and I had a good laugh over it when I called him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ha ha ha I love that! Thank you for posting. I could just see it happening as I read!
ReplyDeleteHahaha sounds like they keep you on your toes! They're such good kids though. Wish I was there :-)
ReplyDeleteHahaha sounds like they keep you on your toes! They're such good kids though. Wish I was there :-)
ReplyDeleteHa!
ReplyDelete