Test 6

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Mckay Conversations 1.0

McKay: " What's making that noise? Oh it's just the washington." (washing machine)


The other day Quinn was feeling the baby move and McKay was very interested in being a part of it. We had my shirt up and they were feeling and talking to the baby. McKay was very excited and was telling us how much he likes the baby in mommy's tummy. Then he said...

Mckay: The baby he's looking at me.

Me: He is?

McKay: Oh I hear it!

Me: What's he saying?

Mckay: It's saying 'Let me out of here'.

Then he touched my belly again and said....

Mckay: Oh he touched me!

Me: You're actually touching my skin. The baby is under my skin.

McKay: You better get your skin off him.


After we went to the beach last week we had some towels that were wet and full of sand so I hung them out on the line to blow in the wind and get some sand off. We don't usually have things hanging on the line so when McKay saw them I got a thorough interview about why they were out there. After I had explained the whole thing to him we were about ready to eat lunch so I said a blessing on the food. After I finished McKay said "You didn't say a prayer about the towels"  I told him he could say one, so he did.
   "Dear Heavenly Father we're grateful opportunity the towels get good, amen."



 McKay: "Mom, I went to the temple to talk to some people."

Me: "You did? Who did you talk to?"

McKay: "Oh just President Monson, President Chef, President Ernie, and President Cookie Monster."


The other night we were kneeling down to say family prayer. McKay wanted to say it and this is how the prayer went. "Dear Heavenly Father we're grateful opportunity O God ternal Fodder we ask thee in the name of thy son to bless and sanctify, amen." Needless to say we were quiet surprised ourselves. We didn't know that he knew even that much of the sacrament prayer.


Yesterday Quinn and I were having a little discussion about finances. We were just talking. We were not upset at all. I said to Quinn "I'm going to fire you." McKay hears me say that and pops up. "Mommy, don't fire my daddy, he's a very nice guy and he will be very sad if you fire him."

4 comments:

  1. Haha! Love all the we-grateful-opportunity's and I too would like to meet President Cookie Monster. He's my favorite. Please tell McKay that I'd be "grateful opportunity" to have him introduce us to each other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, I just can't stop laughing at the things he says. I think my favorite is him telling you to get your skin off the baby and also that the baby wants out of there. He is such a clever little dude.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolute! Nan and I are laughing so hard. Mook goes to the temple regularly then to hob nob with President Monson? And Gense has changed so much since Christmas. He hair is so long and thick. I can't wait to see them! Tay

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Mook can see the baby huh? We better believe him then that it is going to be a girl.

    ReplyDelete