Test 6

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

More McKay Stories

The other night we were having family prayer. I was saying it and I was right in the middle of saying  "Heavenly Father we are so thankful that McKay and Genesis are such good friends, that they like each other so much, and that they are so nice to each other." Right at that moment I peeked one eye open and the next words out of my mouth were  "McKay stop kicking Gensie." Needless to say Quinn and I both broke into laughter and thanked Heavenly Father for having a sense of humor.


There is a elderly Brother in our ward that was very sick and not expected to live much longer. His name is Brother Horrocks but McKay calls him Grandpa Horrocks. McKay heard us talking about him being sick and immediately said "Oh lets say a prayer for Grandpa Horrocks being sick." We were so pleased that he was so concerned and wanted to pray for  him so we said "Ok." He then started right into the prayer and these are his exact words. "Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for this day, thank you Grandpa Horrocks is sick, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen." Quinn and I looked at each other with surprised grins. We thanked McKay for his prayer and said lets say another that he can feel better, so he did.
   This is the sweetest part of the whole story. Grandpa Horrocks ended up passing away. When we heard I sat down with McKay on my lap and said "I have something to tell you. Grandpa Horrocks died." Before I could say anything else his face lit up with delight and he said "Oh that makes my so happy! He's in heaven wif Heavenly Father and Jesus and He is so happy!" Quinn and I were surprised but then so touched with the sweet boy we have been blessed with. Since then he has said a number of prayers thanking Heavenly Father that Grandpa Horrocks is in heaven and that he is so happy.


McKay brought me a Peter Pan book. We were looking at it together and discussing what was happening on each page. Towards the end, after Peter Pan wins, he is on the ship and is wearing Captain Hooks red coat and big purple hat. McKay points to him and says "Uh oh Peter Pan that is Captain Hooks cwose. Uh oh Peter Pan."


McKay has been singing: "Nephi was courageous this was his reply, for the temple is a holy surprise."
A little song confusion you  might say.

On our way home from church this is how the conversation went. "Mom, I have to go to the grocery store to get some groceries. You can watch a movie after your nap on the couch. Do you want to watch Jungle Book, Bagheera, or Mowgli. Which one mom which one?"


McKay said he needed to call the Doctor to tell him about his owie. McKay played both the doctor and himself.
 Mckay: Uh oh Docker not answering telephone. Oh hi Docker, I have an owie right here (as he points to it and holds it up to the phone).
 Doctor: Oh I so sorry to hear that
 Mckay: Ok thanks, bye.

5 comments:

  1. I love the story about Grandpa Horrocks. That is so sweet. Mook knows a thing or too. I'll bet he could tell us lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Mom which one did you pick? Jungle Book, Bagheera, or Mowgli?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad all doctors weren't like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like everything.
    Such a great story about Grandpa Horrocks. I hope my kids can respond in that way too.

    ReplyDelete