Ok we've gotten a little behind on a few great things McKay has said. But I took great notes so I can still post them!
Last week I was in the kitchen cooking and McKay was playing on the table. He asked me:
McKay: Mommy do you know Jesus lives?
Me: Yes I do know Jesus lives.
McKay: Jesus Christ and Nephi live in the scriptures.
Me: Jesus also lives today.
McKay: Jesus Christ, Jesus, Nephi, and President Monson live in the temple.
We talked about that for a little bit, then he said:
McKay: Jesus Christ and President Monson live in my heart.
Our washing machine was broken and Quinn was gone to work. McKay decided it was time to fix it. He went to the kitchen and got a spoon and announced he was going to help Daddy fix the laundry.
McKay: Mommy I have to choke.
Me: Oh no, don't choke.
McKay: Have to
Then he starts coughing
McKay announced to me that he is growing up tomorrow.
I got the ultrasound pictures from this baby out the other day and McKay really wanted to know what they were. I sat down and showed him each picture and explained to him that it was our baby in my tummy. I pointed out the head, belly, legs and feet. After I was all done he looks at the pictures for a second then asks "Is that a monkey?" I can just see what he's thinking as I tell him all about the baby he is thinking , 'Mom that doesn't look at all like a baby'. He even really understands that we are going to have a baby. He asks me about it a lot and tells me he is "So Cited!"
The other morning I was going to take a shower. I told McKay he needed to watch Gensie for me and babysit her really good while I took a shower, and when I was done I would get some really fun toys out for him to play with. He said ok and I also told him not to come in the bathroom while I was in the shower. Before I even got in the shower both kids were in the bathroom. I finally got them out and while I was showering McKay came in the bathroom and said "Mommy, I is baby sitting Gensie? I is the baby sitter of she?" I said "Yes, you are her babysitter" He was very pleased as he said "Oh ok, I is her baby sitter." I said "Where is Gensie?" He replied "I don't know".
Last night for FHE I was reading McKay some stories from the old testament out of one of his children's scripture books. We were reading about Adam and Eve. He pointed at the pictures and said "There's Adam and there is Eve. Mommy, where is transgressions?" He has just memorized the second Article of Faith so he thinks he knows all about Adam and his transgression.
McKay walks around the house singing "Head, shoulders, knees and toes all through the town".
This morning while I was on the phone with Quinn, McKay announced to me that he wanted to talk to his husband.
Isn't he the greatest kid?
Ha ha ha these will never get old to me. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteHilarious kid! Love love love this stage and that you share!
ReplyDeleteSo funny. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete