Test 6

Sunday, November 1, 2015

TWINS!


Did it really happen? We ask ourselves and each other this probably every other day. You know how you have dreams of something that you wish for most of your life. Like most of us have wished or hoped to get married and have children, maybe own a beach house, start your own company, invent something, make a lot of money, travel etc. Well I have always planned on and hoped to get married and have children. That dream was partly in my control but not completely. Having twins is a dream I've always wanted but had no control over and it's still so unreal sometimes. WE HAVE TWINS! I have wanted twins for as long as I can remember, and that cliche phrase REALLY applies here. I remember being younger than 10 yrs old and wanting to have twins when I grew up. I remember my mom talking about how much she would like to have twins. She never got twins and she wanted them so much, but she did pray that one of her 4 daughters would get them. After Quinn and I were married I was in the hospital with Shannon while she was having Gavin and her nurse told me I had a better chance of having twins because my husband was a twin. I was really excited about that. Then I did some research and found out she didn't know what she was talking about. It's not true. Quinn being a twin or having twins run in his family will not have anything to do with us having twins, but it will increase our daughters chances for twins.

Anyway twins do run in my family. My mom is a twin. So I've always hoped I would have twins. I have talked and planned for twins our whole marriage. I've even worried I wouldn't get them and had to stop myself from thinking about them so I wouldn't get too excited about something I might not get.

When I say this is a dream come true, that is not just a phrase. It is a very true statement. I was SSOOOOOOOOOOOO thrilled when they handed me that second wonderful little baby. I was really surprised they are identical. I always thought if I got twins they would be fraternal. Identical twins don't' run in families, it's just something that happens (according to the statistics). Get this: our twins are the 3rd set of identical twin girls on my dads side of the family. What are the chances?! 3 sets in 1 family and it's not due to genetics.

I'm living my dream! I married the man of my dreams. I have children, 5 wonderful ones. And I have twins. They are wonderful! I thank my Heavenly Father for them every day. Often when I check on them at night before going to bed myself, I sit down next to their bed and express my gratitude to Heavenly Father for these two perfect little girlies. They are wonderful. I wouldn't change my situation of being the mommy to 5 children ages five and younger for anything.

We still have trouble wrapping our minds around the fact that we have 2 babies.  We often say to each other "Two? Really?"

So here are some pictures of our twin girlies.  There are a bunch of them!  And even though they are all pictures of them together, we DO have pictures of them by themselves.  The pictures of them together are just so fun though!  Enjoy the pictures, because we sure do.  :)

I would tell you which is which but I can't tell in this picture.


This was back when their binki's were practically bigger than them.
Two little heads. They look like a push me pull me (from Dr. Doolittle).

Cadence and London

In the beginning we just needed bottle holders.



Look at those tiny little thighs. Don't worry they get better.





Sometimes they look very identical and other times they look very different to us. This is a very identical time.





2 months old.








3 months old.


4 months old. Not so identical here.

More identical here.





Very identical here.



I have never started my mornings off with a cup of coffee but I often start my mornings off like this. Poor daddy really misses out on having to go to work. Quinn often asks me why we need a whole house when all 7 of us can fit on one couch or on one bed.





6 months


London left Cadence right






7 months

This is how we found them after a nap one day.  They just needed to snuggle!


Ok any guesses on who's who? The answer is on the next picture.

London left Cadence right

Thank you to my sweet cousin Nancy for these cute dresses. I love dressing them alike and it was so nice of her to send these to us.

7 month old smilers. These are the grinniest babies we have ever had or known. They are so happy. At 7 months they are weighing in London at 18 lbs and Cadence 19 1/2 lbs. Large little ladies. They are now wearing 12 month clothes at 7 months old. Yip healthy twins.


2 comments:

  1. So funny! Waylon will be 1 on Nov 13th and he doesn't even weigh as much as his 7 month old cousins. He still wears some 3-6 month old stuff (his Halloween costume and some jammies, for example). 12 month clothes are pretty big on him. He started walking at almost 10 months (practically running now) and I still get people saying, "How old is he!? He looks way too little to be walking!"
    Your girls are just too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! And you look gorgeous Tasha! You are radiant with twins! I've always wanted to have twins too, but I think not as fervently as you. I'm so glad you liked the outfits :)

    ReplyDelete