Test 6

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Bedroom set deals

In April 2012 I found this furniture on craigslist. I was looking for this style so I was so glad to find it. It came with a long dresser and mirror (which I'm not using because I liked my previous one more) two night stands, chest of drawers and a lingerie chest. We paid $300 for it. At the time I remember Quinn asking me "Are you sure this is what you want?" I assured him we could get our money back by reselling it if I changed my mind.We used it for a year and a half and I really liked it. Then just before Christmas I told Quinn I was kind of interested in selling it and getting something different. He was surprised to hear that but I said lets just post it and see if we get any takers. We don't need to be in a hurry. We just sold the set for $800 dollars. I know we are that good haha! We bought a new dresser with a mirror and 2 night stands. They are black and we quite like them. We only paid $160 for that set. I also found a head board and foot board that I really liked so we painted it black and now it's in our room. So now I have the rest of my $800 tucked away waiting for me to find my little girls a darling little bedroom set. See Robyn, buying second hand pays off.




This is the head board set we painted.


This is our new dresser and night stands. I need to find a chest of drawers to match it. I'm still looking. I've found a few but they either sold too soon or they were asking too much. Quinn likes our new furniture more. He feels it's a little more manly.


2 comments:

  1. That is awesome!!! I love that you were able to sell your old set for so much more than you bought it for! Way to go. I love the black, too. It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of fun! it was worth more be aide of the love :-) I love the new set as well!

    ReplyDelete