Test 6

Monday, March 10, 2014

As if Daylight Savings wasn't annoying enough...

So last night Tasha and I were changing the clocks for daylight savings. I have never particularly cared for daylight savings and changing all the clocks (we have a bunch) just adds to it.  One particular clock is one of Tasha's favorites.  It has a large decorative frame and a smaller clock in the center.  Well, the hands of the clock fell off when I took it off the wall.  The screw holding them in place had come loose.  So we had to take the back off and fix that along with changing the time.  The actual clock fits pretty tight in the frame, but when we tried to put it back it wouldn't fit.  There was one particular spot where the clock was a full 1/4 inch off and it was driving me nuts! We tried and tried. Tasha kept saying "I know it's tight but I've never had this much trouble with it before. If it fit before why wont it fit now?" We had butter knives prying the edge of the frame out while we tried forcing or hammering it back into place. Nothing worked. Tasha finally said "Lets just put it in however we can get it to fit and we'll just hang it crooked because it's round.  As long as 12 is straight up it won't matter right?" That didn't work either. It was obvious it wasn't straight. Through this whole process I kept saying "Here is 12 o'clock so it has to go straight up." Because of the way the frame is made we couldn't bend it out to fit the clock.  So I decided to shave the clock down so it would fit.  We finally get it to fit, we pick it up to hang it again only to find that we had arranged the clock so that 8 o'clock was in the 12 position.  All I could do was shake my head. We had been fighting this whole battle for 20 min all because it had roman numeral numbers and we didn't pay close enough attention to the fact that we were working everything around the 8 instead of the 12. Once we put the 12 straight up it fit perfectly, go figure. It's amazing how stupidly frustrating some things can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment