Test 6

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Today in church

Sacrament meeting had just started and Quinn got asked to pass the sacrament. Just before he stood up to go Gensie started to poop. I said "You can't leave me now what if she leaks"? He said "She'll be fine till I'm done". Well ,we all know how newborns blow when they poop. So I held my hand at the top of her diaper holding it down against her so it wouldn't blow out of her diaper. I had her over my shoulder and Mckay was sitting nicely eating his snacks, when she really started to go. And of course it was loud and right during the quietest part of the meeting. Two young mothers sitting a ways from me turned and stared and laughed the whole time. I couldn't believe they would stare like that so I just sat there patting her on the back acting like I couldn't hear a  thing. A minute later Mckay closed his snack container and started shaking it like a rattle. I had to stop that, then as soon as he saw his dad get up and start passing the sacrament he yelled out at the top of his lungs Daddy. I then started to smell Gensie so I spread a blanked down then a burp rag then laid her on it worried she would leak. I rolled her over to check a minute later and sure enough clear through her onsie, dress, and on the burp rag. Daddy got done passing just in time to take her out of the meeting and he came back in for the last 10 min.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! That's awful. Ugh. Glad Quinn was able to help you when he was done with the Sacrament. Oh- and I sent you a message a while back on facebook, in case you haven't checked lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah those blowouts are no fun. I always buy the cheap diapers to save money and they leak out the legs AND the back. And I had forgotten how yellow and runny newborn poo is!
    Not very reverent of those chicks to be giggling at you during Sacrament. I bet you guys got extra blessings for being willing to serve in an inconvenient situation. I don't know how Grandma managed Sacrament Mtg by herself when our parents were babies -must've been super hard!

    ReplyDelete