Test 6

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Our New Addition

     We have been eagerly looking forward to our new little baby and the day finally came!  Tasha began labor on 11/22 at about 4 pm, but active labor didn't begin until about 10 pm.  Our midwives arrived at about 10 pm as well and began setting up the birth tub and helping get everything ready.  Tasha got into the birth tub at about 1 am and things moved along quickly from there.  At about 2 am our midwives suggested Tasha try pushing, and that if it did not feel right to stop, but to try and see if it would help.  With the first push her water broke, with the second the baby crowned, the third push the head was born, and at 2:04 am the fourth push brought our beautiful baby girl into the world.  She was 8 lbs 9 oz and was 20 inches long.  Our midwives commented after they did the newborn testing that we have such healthy babies and that she is absolutely perfect.

Genesis Cate Eastin 











2 comments:

  1. Wow Tash! She is absolutely beautiful! And I am impressed by your birthing process! I sometimes think if I had Grandpa there with me I could do it at home, but I'm probably too big of a wimp. Congratulations! It's so exciting to see families grow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww! Tears. Love her. Thanks for posting pictures. Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete