Test 6

Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Piano

Recently I have been thinking of trying to find a piano to get Tasha for Christmas.  So I started looking on craigslist to see if I could find a good deal.  Then, seemingly out of no where, Tasha's mom sent me an email about a craigslist posting she had seen up in our area for a piano.  I took a look and saw that it was a big, antique upright.  I immediately gave them a call and said that I was very interested and would love to speak with them.  Later, the owner of the piano gave me a call and said that another woman had arranged to pick it up. I told him that I understood, and I went on looking for another piano.  3-4 days later I received a surprise call from the piano owner who said that the piano was mine if I wanted it.  I immediately arranged to get it picked up and told him I would take it. 

The total cost of the piano?  $25


It is solid oak and is insanely heavy.  It's a good thing we live on the ground floor.  It's in great shape, has real ivory keys, and Mckay loves to sit on mom's lap and play it with her (or play with the foot pedals when he is on the floor).  Can't beat all of that for $25!

1 comment:

  1. That is so great!! What a deal. And it's beautiful. Good job, Quinn!

    ReplyDelete